Convincing advantages. ZV3 implants!
There is variety of different implants in the market. Whether made of titanium or ceramic. Conventional implants have in deed been in use for a long time- but that does not mean that they are without disadvantages. ZV3 implants were developed in the field of implantology based on years of practical experience and have outstanding, innovative features. Get informed about the unique benefits of our patented 1- and 2-piece standard and custom all-ceramic implants of zirconium.
The treatment itself involves a much lower strain for the patient and less effort for implantologists:
|Titanium classic (2-piece)||ZV3 implants (1-piece/2-piece)|
1. Informed consent discussion with the patient
3. Planning of the doctor
|4. Inserting the implant||Inserting the implant|
|5. Anaesthesia, denudation, insertion, healing spacer sleeve, possible sutures||NOT REQUIRED|
|6. Suture removal||NOT REQUIRED|
|7. Removal of healing spacer sleeve, insertion of impression posts, position control, impression with special spoons, screwing of healing spacer sleeves||Simple impression with confection spoon /
classic impression or
scan procedure (without impression).
|8. Laboratory: Manufacture of special model with laboratory implant, manufacture of abutment and crown||Preparation of standard fibreglass abutment
(only for two-piece implants),
manufacture of crown
time and material advantage
|9. Removal of healing spacer sleeve screw, screwing and sealing abutment, crown cementation||Cementation abutment,
Advantages of 1- and 2-piece ZV3 Implants:
- ZV3 provides the first individual 1- and 2-piece all-ceramic implants of zirconium with high surface roughness (patented method).
- The high level of surface roughness makes a quick osseointegration analogue to titanium possible.
- The connection between the implant and the abutment in 2-piece ZV3 implants is not made at the level of the bone, but above the gums. This connection is completely covered by the future crown.
- Thus, in 2-piece ZV3 implants, the formation of a bacteria-leaking gap between implant and abutment is ruled out. This way a possibility of infection and associated potential adverse effects for the patient (e.g., bone deconstruction) can be avoided.
- The ability to set the ZV3 implants by means of a punching procedure is less painful for the patient and allows much faster healing than with surgical denudation of the implantation site in the jaw.
- At least one surgical or treatment step can be omitted, resulting in less stress on the patient.
Black on white: Our study results.
We can refer to very good 5 years study results from a retrospective study by the University of Groningen over the years (2004-2011). The data (complete periodontal status with x-rays) were recorded by an employee of the University of Groningen.
Survival rate of our implants after 5 years:
The results according to Kaplan Meier: 96.9% survival at 5 years.
Pocket depth and bleeding:
Clinical examination, n = 147 implants in 72 patients. 6-point measurement on the implant.
|Average value Periodontal status Pocket depth in mm (sd)||1.7 (0.4)||Z = -5.8*|
|min-max||1.0 - 3.3||p = 0.000|
|Average value in% bleeding around implants (sd)||3.7 (5.4)||Z = -4.3|
|min-max||0 - 33.3||p = 0.000|
|*Wilcoxon signed rank test|
Bone loss in mm (mesial and distal average values??), negative values ??indicate an increase in bone height (bone growth).
|After 5 years||n = 149 implants||ANOVA|
|Average value bone loss in mm (sd)||-0.0 (0.52)||F = 0.37|
|min-max||- (minus) 2.0 - 1.6||p = 0.83|